For this part, you are allowed 30minutes to write an essay on “The Importance of Writing Ability and How to Develop It “You should write at least 120 words but no more than 180 words.Write your essay on Answer Sheet 1.
No body could deny that writing is one of the basic abilities for men. Put it another way, it is unlikely to imagine human civilization without writing ability.
At the top of the list, if we overlook the significance of writing ability, we will suffer a great difficulty in our daily written communication. In addition to what has been mentioned above, it is advisable for us to attach importance to this ability because writing plays a key in our academic performance. To summarize,writing does carry a positive implication for our life and study.
In view of the great value of writing ability, we should take actions to develop this capability. For my part, initially, we are supposed to keep in mind that reading is the first step of writing, so we should read great books as many as possible, learning from the great works how to write concisely and effectively. Moreover, owing to the fact that practice makes perfect, we should frequently practice writing; for example, we may develop the habit of keeping a diary.
1. A）The return of a bottled message to its owner's daughter.
2. B）She wanted to honor her father's promise.
3. B）Several cases of Zika disease had been identified.
4. C）It lost a huge stock of bees.
5. A）It stayed in the air for about two hours.
6. C）Inadequate funding.
7. D）It is more environmentally friendly.
8. A）It seems a depressing topic.
9. D）They can't make it to the theater.
10. C）It is the most amusing show he has ever seen.
11. B）Go and see the dance.
12. D）She worries she won't fit in as a transfer student.
13. C）Participate in after-school activities.
14. A）Give her help whenever she needs.
15. D）She has just transferred to college.
16. B）To find out which physical drive is the most powerful.
17. A）When they are hungry.
18. C）They prefer to be with other mice.
19. D）It is one of the best in the world.
20. B）To move troops quickly from place to place.
21. A）In the 1970s.
22. B）Messaging while driving
23. D）A device to ensure people drive with both hands.
24. C）They are alerted with a light and a sound.
25. B）Using a connected app.
36. K）A student's yearly expenses on access...
37. D）The online access codes may be seen as a way...
38. M）If a student takes a course again, they may have to buy a new...
39. G）McGraw Hill accounts for over one-fifth of the market share...
40. B）Many traditional textbook publishers are now offering online...
41. L）One students complained that they now had to...
42. H）Digital materials can cost students less than half the prince...
43. F）One student decided not to buy her access code until...
44. J）Online systems may deprive teachers of opportunities...
45 .C）Digital access codes are criticized because they are...
文章開頭為：Living in an urban area with green spaces has a long-lasting positive impact on people's mental well-being, a study has suggested.
46. B） Add to their sustained happiness.
47. A）Earn more money.
48. C）How long its positive effect lasts.
49. D）Their communication with others improved.
50. A）Find financial support
文章開頭為：You probably know about the Titanic, but it was actually just one of three state-of-the art(最先進的) ocean ships back in the day.
51. C）They all experienced terrible misfortunes.
52. B）The utmost comfort passengers could enjoy.
53. A）It was a mere piece of decoration.
54. D）The belief that they could never sink with a double-layer body.
55. D）She was retired after her naval service.
In the past, for most Chinese people, it was hard to imagine to travel by plane. Nowadays, with the development of economy and improvement of living standards, more and more Chinese people can travel by air, including farmers and people workers outside their hometown. They can take planes to all big cities. Many other cities are also planning to build airports. Air service is continually improving, and there are often flight tickets with special prices. In recent years, the number of people who travel by air on holidays has been increasing.
In old days, for most Chinese people, it was beyond imagination that we could travel by air. Nowadays, with the advancement of economy and improvement of living standard, there are a growing number of Chinese people, including farmers and migrant workers, are able to afford air traveling. All the big cities are their destinations while new airports are to be constructed in many other cities. Air service is continually improving, and sometimes there will be special offers for air tickets. In recent years, the number of people who choose to travel by air during holidays is constantly increasing.